Click here for a printable form to use to register with a check or to fax in your credit card information.
The State Bar of California has approved this activity for 15 MCLE credit hours. Maximum number of participants is 50.
This class is open to all sworn, non-sworn and legal professionals in law enforcement. This class is required for the POST Record Supervisor Certificate.
Learn the statutory and case law requirements in the dissemination of public records to protect your agency. Topics covered in this seminar are geared toward custodians of public records of all law enforcement and public safety entities and include:
• Overview of the California Public Records Act
• Records exempt from public disclosure
• Fees for PRA requests and other processes
• Record retention requirements
• Evidence Code 1043 and Subpoena Duces Tecum (SDT)
• Discovery in Federal Court
Greg Palmer, The Law Firm of Jones & Mayer
8:00AM - 5:00PM both days, registration at 7:30AM on day one